Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Volvo

Volvos have a special place in my heart. My first car was a 1998 Volvo S70 - passed down to me by my dad. I liked the car, I thought it had character. A lot of my favorite high school memories involved the good ole' volvo.

+I remember driving it to Arlington with my best friend to meet some EFY friends. Needless to say, we got lost in downtown Dallas. So we had to pull off and ask these sketchy city-workers for directions. But they turned out to be very helpful. They let us follow them back to the right highway.
+Another time I was driving with three or four of my best friends and there was a rock in the middle of the road. I thought it was smaller than it was, so I drove the volvo right over it. I'm surprised no damage was done because it definitely hit the undercarriage of my car. It's kind of a pointless story. But my high school friends ALWAYS bring it up.
+But the best memories are the simple ones: me and my friends driving around Allen, blasting music.

So, I bring my volvo up because I saw this recent advertisement on Creativity-Online.com for the new Volvo S60 that intrigued me. Hope y'all enjoy:


*Side-note: The commercial is from the agency Forsman & Bodenfors for the Volvo S60's new pedestrian detection feature. The spot was shot in one of the busiest streets in Sodermalm (an art district in Stockholm) this summer.

No comments: